Instagram Stories have changed the game when it comes to engagement and visibility for brands. The Stories feature has become especially popular among teenagers and millennials. Now, brands are starting to understand how this feature can help grow their reach, engagement, and visibility. After all, an engaged audience is a loyal audience. Therefore, if your followers are viewing your Stories, it’s a sign that they’re interested in what you have to offer. That’s why it’s so important for brands to implement strategies that will increase the number of views for their Instagram stories. Read on for 10 great tips to increase your Instagram story views in 2022.
What is an Instagram Story?
Instagram Stories are a newer feature that allows users to create a slideshow of photo or video content that will be visible to their followers for 24 hours. Users can also add filters and drawings, as well as switch between the front and rear cameras while recording.
For all intents and purposes, Instagram Stories are a lot like Snapchat — only they’re a lot more popular.
As with Snapchat, Instagram Stories are great ways to connect with followers and let them into your life. They’re great for giving followers a behind-the-scenes look at what you do, what interests you, and what your life is like.
Instagram Stories are also great for helping to promote your profile and your posts. If you use your Instagram Story to highlight a recent post and tell followers why you think it’s important or interesting, they’re more likely to engage with it and spread it around.
What are the features of Instagram stories?
Well, unlike Facebook stories, Instagram stories have a few more features. Firstly, you can tag up to 10 people in one story. Secondly, you can also add up to 10 hashtags in one story. Thirdly, you can add a poll in your story with up to 3 options. Lastly, you can also add a poll question in your story.
How to use Instagram stories?
Firstly, you have to click on the gear icon on the top right side of the screen. Then select “Start a story”. Next, you can click the “Tag People” option to tag up to 10 people. After that, you can click “Add Hashtags” to add up to 10 hashtags in one story. Lastly, you can either add poll or poll question.
Why are Instagram story views important?
Story views provide an indication of how much interest a user has in your content. The more views your stories receive, the more likely it is that other users will engage with your content and view your profile. Engaging with your followers and gathering more views on your stories also has the added benefit of improving your brand’s reputation on the platform. Instagram is a visual-based platform, and it is often best to tell a story with your images rather than simply posting a photo. A story on Instagram allows you to upload up to 10 photos or videos, and each one can have a different theme and purpose.
Why are certain Instagram stories getting more views than others?
The stories that get the most views are the ones that engage your audience the most. You want your stories to leave a lasting impression on your audience, and the best way to do that is to make sure they’re engaging.
Engaging stories are the ones that provoke thought, make people feel something, or even make them laugh. These are the types of stories that people are more likely to share because they’re more memorable.
Tip#1-Know your audience.
The first step to increasing your Instagram story views is to know your audience. There are many ways you can do this, but some of the best ways are by conducting research and performing an audit.
- Demographics: You have to know who you're creating content for. Do you want more male or female followers? Are they young adults or retirees? Knowing the demographics of your target audience will help you create more relatable content that will resonate with them better than anything else!
- Interests: Next up are interests—what kinds of things do people in my target audience like? This includes both broad categories (like travel) as well as specific topics (like street art). Once again, knowing this information will allow us to tailor our stories even further toward what they're interested in seeing on their screens!
Tip#2-Use a call to action.
You can also add a call-to-action to your Instagram Story so that people know what to do when they see it. For example, you could use phrases like “click here to find out more” or “swipe up to learn more.” You should also make sure that your call-to-action is clear, as well as the button (if there is one) leading them to a link on your website or blog.
Tip#3-Encourage feedback and interact with your audience.
If you want to increase your audience, it's important that you ask for feedback and interact with them. This is especially true on Instagram Stories where the content lives.
- Ask questions
- Engage in conversation with your followers (i.e., “What do you think of this outfit?”)
- Reply to comments and questions
Tip#4-Follow the 80/20 rule.
The 80/20 rule is a great way to ensure that your audience will actually engage with the content you post. The rule states that you should post 80 percent engaging and interesting content, and only 20 percent of self-promotional or branded content.
This means that if you’re posting six stories per day, four out of those six stories should be engaging, high-quality photos or videos that are focused around your brand or personal interests (anecdotes from work, travel photos). The remaining two posts can focus on sharing some tips or asking questions on Instagram Live — but remember that people prefer a good story over anything else!
If you want an example of how this works in practice: Turn on the analytics for your account and look at what types of posts have received the most engagement in the past few months. Then create more similar posts!
Tip#5-Shorten your links with Bitly or Rebrandly.
Use a link shortener to make the story easier to read.
Shorten your links with Bitly or Rebrandly.
Links will take up less space, so they’re easier to read and understand.
This will make it way easier for people to click on them, which is especially important if you’re driving traffic back to your website rather than Instagram itself (and why wouldn't you be?).
Tip#6-Ask for shares and reposts.
One of the best ways to increase Instagram Story views is by asking for shares and reposts. Asking others to share your content means they’re more likely to engage with it, which can help boost your story views over time.
You can ask for shares and reposts in a variety of ways:
- Add a link or hashtag at the end of your story post that makes it easy for users to find out how they can repost it on their own accounts;
- If you have an email list, send out a newsletter letting people know about recent posts that would be perfect for them to share;
- Use tools like Buffer, Later or Hootsuite so you don’t have to manually schedule each post yourself;
Tip#7-Use research to understand what content your audience likes best.
The best way to understand what content your audience likes best is to use research. This can take the form of using analytics or even just looking at your competitors' content (if you have a clear idea of what niche they're in).
Tip#8-Use GIFs or music in your stories.
- Use GIFs or music in your stories.
GIFs are a fun way to add a little bit of extra personality to your stories. You can use GIFs from the Instagram library or you can use GIPHY, which offers an abundance of animated clips that aren’t available on Instagram.
The music icon is located at the bottom of the screen when you are creating a story, so if you want to add some tunes, just tap that button!
Tip#9-Create a story highlighting key features of your product or service.
You can also leverage Instagram Stories to highlight key features of your product or service. This can be done by creating a story highlighting how to use the product in an easy-to-understand manner using short videos and screen recordings.
You can also combine both text and video for the same purpose. In this way, you explain the value of your product or service in a more engaging way.
Tip#10-Use teaser posts that encourage people to watch your story.
If you are using Instagram Stories to promote your business, you might want to consider creating teaser posts that encourage people to watch your story. This could mean including an image of the product or service you're promoting as well as a call to action: “Click here for more info.”
In addition, if there's some sort of limited-time offer (or LTO), don't forget to mention it in your post! For example, if a discount ends tomorrow at midnight and there's still time left before then…don't hesitate! Let people know what they need to do in order not miss out on buying whatever it is we're selling (products/services).
Tip#11-Cross-promote on other platforms and embed stories on websites and blogs.
- Cross-promote on other platforms: You can create a post on your website or blog that links to an Instagram story. This will help bring traffic from other platforms to your stories, which can lead to more views for both.
- Embed stories on websites and blogs: If you have a website or blog, you can embed your Instagram story into the site's code by clicking the “Share” button in the upper right corner of your screen while viewing one of your past stories.
- Mentioning account name: Make sure you're mentioning @youraccountname in as many posts as possible so people know where you are posting if they don't follow multiple accounts. You can also mention @instagram (and tag celebrities) when sharing content on Twitter!
- Ads: If you want even more exposure for your account, consider purchasing ads through Facebook or Google AdWords (or whichever platform works best).
Tip#12-Optimize your stories for mobile devices by keeping them short, simple, and interactive.
> Make sure the content is easy to view on mobile.
> Keep sentences short and simple.
> Limit yourself to one topic per story.
> Add interactive elements like polls and questions.
> Upload videos no longer than 15 seconds in length, but aim for a shorter duration if possible. And don't forget no text!
Tip#13-Take advantage of Instagram Stories Polls and Instagram Stories Questions to increase engagement and get feedback from your followers on new products, services or story ideas.
Instagram Stories Polls and Questions are an easy way to engage your audience, get feedback and encourage them to interact with your stories. You can use polls and questions to poll the audience on new products, services or story ideas. This is a great way to test new ideas before investing in them.
- Create an Instagram Story Poll:
- Tap the plus sign at the top right of your screen in Instagram Stories
- Type in 1-10 Questions (depending on how long you want your poll to be)
- Choose whether it will be multiple choice or just single answer answers by selecting either one of these options from the list that appears after tapping on “Type Your Question” option above each question field (i.e., if you want all answers limited between 1-10 then select “Multiple Choice” option). If you want only yes/no answer options then select “Single Choice”.
Tip#14-Be consistent with your posting schedule so you develop and engage an audience that checks out your content regularly.
One of the most important things you can do to increase Instagram story views is to be consistent with your posting schedule. Consistency is key to building and retaining an audience on social media, and it's especially important for businesses that need their customers to know when they are open, what's on the menu, or other information about their products and services. If you have a store that opens at 9 am every day, be sure to post new content at 9 am every day so people know when they should tune in for more information about what's happening in your business.
Tip#15-You can use several methods to help you increase Instagram story views including getting more followers by cross-posting stories on other platforms and creating teaser posts that prompt people to click the link to view the full story.
Here are some other ways you can increase your Instagram story views:
- Cross-post your Instagram stories on other platforms. Not only will this help you get more followers, but it will also encourage people to view your full story once they've clicked through to another platform. It's especially effective if you use social media channels like Facebook and Twitter, as these have a wide audience that is likely to include some of your potential customers.
- Embed Instagram stories on websites and blogs. You can embed photos from an Instagram story into any website using the embed code option under the share button for each photo in its caption box. This code allows anyone viewing that page on either desktop or mobile devices (including iPhones) access directly into the full version of that photo without having to back out all the way into Instagram itself first—and with no ads getting in their way!
- Create teaser posts asking questions about upcoming content so users want click through past just seeing what was posted today's news feed update (which may not be relevant anymore).
- Ask poll questions so followers can vote/comment before deciding whether they want watch something else instead (or perhaps even subscribe).
Instagram stories are an incredibly popular feature that allows brands to share short videos with their followers. The key to getting more views and engagement with your stories is to put in the work and find creative ways to engage with your audience. To get more views on Instagram, follow these tips and tricks. Post stories regularly, create high-quality stories, remove ghost followers, use hashtags consistently, incorporate active engagement, create exclusive content, be consistent with brand messaging, find the right time to post, ask questions with polls, and lastly, increase Instagram story views.